Monday, April 21, 2008

1000 mile 2008 Kawasaki KLR650 review and impression


So i have been living with the 2008 Kawasaki KLR650 in Candy Lime Green for a little over a month and a half and 1000 miles. (my poor jeep has been parked since the day i picked the bike up) I am going to go through the good, bad and indifferent with my experience with the bike so over the period of ownership so far.

So first things first, lets get into my farkles. These should play a fairly important role in the way i love the bike or not. I have installed Sw-motech crash bars, Utah motorsports aluminum skid plate, galfer stainless steel braided brake lines, HID wholesalers h7 6000k hid setup, Dowco soft luggage set, Ram mounts for camcorder and blackberry phone (gps and mp3's as well from the blackberry) I have also added a 12v power plug in the right side fairing, use a xena disc brake lock with alarm.

These above mods make the bike better for the daily use that it gets, not to mention make it much nicer looking and more "me". With the above things, i feel the bike is more capable, safer and better equipped to carry my stuff around with me. So far all the mods have been welcomed additions, except for the rear stainless brake line, it feels much more stiff and has absolutely no braking feel or feedback when using the rear brake.


No comments: